ESTILITE MODEL MANAGEMENT

Thursday 15 March 2012

Charlize Theron becomes a mom through adoption

Charlize Theron. <i>Getty Images</i>View Photo
Charlize Theron. Getty Images
Charlize Theron has adopted a baby boy.
The 36-year-old star's representative confirmed the news, saying: "Charlize has adopted a child. She is the proud mom of a healthy baby boy named Jackson."
No further details have been released.
In a 2010 interview, Theron opened up about her desire to become a mother.
MTV News quoted her as saying: "I feel very blessed to have had a certain amount of success and now I'm reaching the point where I would love to be a mom.
"I know I want to raise a big family and it's just a question of time — I know I'm ready for that phase of my life."
Jackson is the first child for the Oscar-winning actress, who has been single since splitting from boyfriend Stuart Townsend in January 2010 after almost nine years together.
Shortly after the split, she revealed that she found it hard to deal with being single at first – but now find it empowering.
She said: "I've been in serious relationships from the time I was 19 and I'm single for the first time in my life since then. I had to make a real conscious effort to rediscover myself and it's hard. I'm a creature who has really found her comfort in relationships.
"I'm really at peace and feeling good about it. All of us go through darkness but that doesn't make you dark. There's something really powerful in being okay with being alone, especially for women."

No comments:

Post a Comment