Miss Durban Townships Beauty Pageant (MDTBP) Selection CriteriaAll Miss MDTBP applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and not older than 25 years of age on 1 December 2013.
- Be a South African citizen,stay in one of Durban Townships, in possession of a valid South African ID or passport.
- Be in possession of a Matric certificate or equivalent qualification.
- Not be married and never have had a marriage annulled.
- Not be engaged.
- Never have given birth and not be pregnant.
- Not have any visible tattoos.
- Have no criminal record.
Documentation to Accompany Your Entry
- A copy of your birth certificate, ID book or passport.
- 2 Recent A4 colour photographs (1 head and shoulders, 1 full length) dressed appropriately. Please note that these photographs will not be returned.
- A copy of your Matric certificate.
Some Tips for Preparing Your EntryTo help you with your entry form, we have collated some of the questions most frequently posed by Miss SA entrants. The answers to these questions contain a host of helpful information and tips that will make the process a lot easier. Read them now.
Miss DTBP Rules
- Rules of the Miss Durban,Miss SA,Miss Universe and Miss World pageants are applicable to all Miss DTBP entrants.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Non disclosure of any information that is pertinent to entering Miss DTBP will lead to disqualification ie criminal record / dethroning etc.
- All Miss DTBP finalists will be required to perform a limited number of engagements. She will therefore not be eligible to enter another national competition except with the written permission from the organisers.
- The new Miss DTBP will remain contracted to being the ambassador for Durban Townships to perform community related projects for 1 year after the completion of her reign, subject to a maximum of 12 days per year.
Preparing Your Miss DTBP EntryBelow you will find answers to questions frequently posed by young women who are interested in becoming the next Miss DTBP. You will read about the roles and responsibilities as well as gain access to a host of helpful tips which will assist you when preparing your entry form.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which qualities are required to be a successful Miss Durban Township Beauty Pageants?
- How does Miss DTBP function and what are her main responsibilities?
- Does Miss DTBP have to come from the KwaZulu Natal province?
- Will entering Miss DTBP clash with my university studies or tertiary education requirements?
- How does the Miss DTBP judging system work?
- What does Miss DTBP win?
- What is the most difficult part about entering Miss DTBP?
- What can I do to increase my chances of doing well when entering Miss DTBP?
- Do you have any tips for filling out the entry form?
- When will the Miss DTBP finalists be announced
Enquiries and QuestionsAll enquiries or pageant/entry related questions must be directed to Ayanda Mnyakeni at firstname.lastname@example.org.